Saturday 2 March 2013

Daughters Birthday Cards

It was my twins birthday yesterday, so Thursday was spent frantically trying to get two cards made without them seeing them.

I'd got some blank stepper cards in my stash so decided to use those.

Amy's was done using papers from a teddy bear kit that a bought years ago and have never used, she likes cutie things and flowers so thought this was most appropriate.  The large bears and some of the flowers have been decoupaged to give dimension.





  
 
Rebecca is as she calls herself is a geek and is really into comics and animation (which she is studying at university) so I wanted to come up with something suitable.  My friend has recently got me interested in art journalling which I really like the style of so as I enjoy getting messy with inks and paint etc decided to have a go at doing a card in a similar style
 
The background was created using acrylic paint applied with an old credit card, I then applied some texture paste through a circle template, ink splats then applied with my new dylusion inks (must admit these are beautiful) lastly did some stamping with old plastic bottle top and end of credit card.  Stamps used are Doo Lally Pip, stamped onto paper, coloured in and then collaged onto the background.
 
I must admit I was very pleased with the result
 

 

 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Utterly stunning are your cards Janet and your image is coloured so beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete