Wednesday 23 November 2011

Merly Crop

Phew what a busy last few weeks, what with working extra hours and getting ready for my craft fayre at Countesthorpe College on 12/11/11 which went very well, I dont seem to have had time to do any paper crafting.

Anyway last saturday was the bi monthly crop run by Merly Impressions www.merlyimpressions.co.uk  held near Bedford.  What a lovely day, the kit was made up of the new Kaisercraft Collection called Madame Boutique beautiful vintage papers of brown turquoise and green.  The kit also included the new Kaisercraft Botanicals Stamp and some bakers twine and there were lots of lovely goodies on sale.

Chrissy had kindly done us some instructions for a couple of layouts and here are my attempts :-

The first one is titled "Me" which was great as its very rare that I scrap any pictures of me on my own.


The second one is titled Daughters and the photo is of my three rebels taken a couple of christmas' ago.

I printed both my photos in sepia as I thought they went better with the papers.










The challenge given to us before the crop was to make a name badge as it is a new crop and Chrissy thought it would be a good way for us to get to know one another.  There was a good selection of badges and I was so pleased to have been voted the winner and was awarded with a lovely Kaisercraft 25 drawer chest to make up.

Here is my badge, I used a die cut shape and covered with patterned paper, a smaller shape covered with a matching patterned paper, Molly Blooms stamp coloured with copics and highlighted with Glossy Accents.  Finished off with punched flowers with a gem in the centre and then glossy accents applied.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Janet,

    so glad you had a great time at the crop, your layouts are lovely and that Badge...well it is absolutely Gorgeous!!!!! so much detail in it, so glad you won!!! See you in January.

    Take care Chrissy. xxx

    ReplyDelete